- April 7, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
Shardix is creating a Data Platform, a decentralized, on-demand, scalable database service. It will store both structured and unstructured data geographically dispersed and replicated for speed and security. Shardix is complementary to the other components to make the decentralized Internet complete.
Like Bitcoin, data is stored and secured on numerous hardware around the world. Databases are divided into shards and Shardix uses blockchain to pay “database miners” to host these encrypted database shards; these will constitute the nodes in the network. Each shard is further replicated amongst these nodes to achieve fault tolerance and high uptimes. These miners will inherently have a lower cost because they will obviate the high overhead associated with traditional datacenters.
While Blockchain is critical for the implementation of the network, it will not host the shards themselves. Replicating any data, let alone entire databases, across every node hosting a blockchain would be incredibly inefficient. Rather, blockchain will contain market making mechanism through which contracts for resources are completed and will store the hashed locations of the nodes which locally store any given shard.
This data platform will also include ancillary features to encourage adoption of the network by a larger audience. This includes a trusted hosted network, intermediaries, and payment systems.
Shardix is designing its Data Platform with the following goals:
- Allow databases to scale globally and still provide consistency.
- Develop always-on databases that reads and writes across all nodes without conflicts.
- Make data administration easier. From the day to day activities of a database administrator to the querying of data by a user or developer, Shardix thinks that deploying and accessing data should be fluid.
- Deployment of the Shardix Data Platform on any type of customer hardware, hosted cloud, and most importantly the Shardix Network.
- Use industry standard tools for relational and unstructured data (i.e., SQL, and NOSQL/KV).
- With the confluence of these features, Shardix will allow developers and data users build global, scalable, resilient cloud services at a fraction of the cost of current cloud solutions.